- Double its investments in renewable energy (and started that off with $180 million commitment to two Texas wind farms)
- Begin disclosing the climate change emissions of the power plants it owns
- Double its investment (to $50 million annually) in green tech start-ups
- Form a partnership with BP to work on hydrogen power and carbon sequestration projects
- Partner with Wal-Mart to install super-efficient LED display case lighting in more than 500 stores
- Develop a hybrid train locomotive for Union Pacific
GE also announced that "green is green" and reported that revenues from its portfolio of energy efficiency and eco-friendly products and services were more than $12 billion in 2006 - up more than 20 percent from 2005. Order backlog rose to $50 billion.