Among the task force's recommendations (read the full list here):
- Establish a Green Enterprise Authority to coordinate marketing and business
assistance; streamline grants, loans and permitting processes; and coordinate
workforce training opportunities.
- Enact policies to incent locally owned distributed renewable energy generation.
- Review and strengthen Minnesota’s net metering and interconnection policy.
- Require an agency to focus on and report to the legislature on the utilization of the Farm Bill programming dollars for biomass establishment costs.
- Expand policies and financing for emerging solar technology.
- Modify Minnesota’s building code to include utilization of energy efficiency requirements.
- Identify training needs for workforce that would support new models of water conservation and reuse.
- Provide State revenue bonding package to renovate the most energy inefficient public buildings.
- Develop a green bonds program that allows individuals to purchase and support
green enterprise investments.
via the St. Paul Pioneer Press and the Green Jobs Task Force